In order to keep your data clean and usable, it is fairly common to want to determine if a new Contact in your Eloqua system is part of an existing Account in your CRM system. Here is where the concept of Company Matching comes in.
Some examples of when you may need/want to match Contacts to Accounts are:
- Your CRM system may require a Customer ID in order to create a new Contact or Lead
- You want to avoid creating duplicate Accounts
- You may use Account-based Lead Scoring, and you want to know the Account to which the person belongs
- You have lead assignment based on Account name or type
- You just want to pull information from your Account record to determine which campaign or program to send a new Contact
You say po-tay-to; I say po-tah-to.
There are many cases where knowing whether a new Contact belongs to an existing Account would save you time, energy, and make the Contact’s buyer journey more fulfilling. It can even be more basic: you might want to segment out Contacts from existing customers for a campaign, but if you don’t know the Contact’s Account, you’ll never know if they are a customer.
Eloqua provides some out-of-the-box capabilities to match Company name on a Contact to Account names using the Dedup rules, but this process is fairly simplistic and prone to false negatives if the Company name as input wasn’t spelled exactly the same way. It’s amazing how often this happens.
What’s a Marketer to do?
It’s not realistic to have staff constantly audit your database (typo and name police?) but it’s important to target using accurate information if you want your campaigns to be effective.
It would sure be a lot simpler if you could do company matching based on domain name, company name, and could provide ‘fuzzy’ logic on company name. It would be even better if the values for Country and/or State, or even City could be part of that match.
Say hello to ‘Contact to Company Matcher’ App
4Thought Marketing has created the Contact to Company Matcher App ideal for automating Company Matching in Eloqua.
The Contact to Company Matcher App does the heavy lifting for you by cleaning up Account names (and saving these on a separate Account field) and inferring what the email domain of a company is, even if you don’t store the website URL on your Account record.
By using this app you’ll notice:
- Improved company matching success. You’ll experience an increase in company matching accuracy provided by the added layers of matching that can be implemented.
- Simplified company matching process. Avoid creating, testing and maintaining long and sophisticated programs to handle name clean-up and deduce Account website or domain name.
When your data is clean and tidy, you can segment and send with more confidence that your campaigns will reach their intended target.
For more information call us at 1-888-356-7824, or contact us online and we’ll get in touch shortly.