Has marketing automation gone mainstream? We don’t know, but a recent survey by Aberdeen Group suggests that’s the case. Business 2 Community recently published an overview of the survey, 22 Essential Facts About the State of Marketing Automation.
The survey suggested, among other things, that 70% of organizations were either already using a marketing automation platform or currently implementing one. And that 43% of companies using one had been doing so for more than 4 years. Both of those figures were surprising insofar as they seem high.
Related Resources from 4Thought Marketing’s Blog : What CMOs Need to Add to the Mktg. Plan (part 1)
On the not-so-surprising side, the survey gave a peek at what “best-in-class” companies were more likely doing:
- Lead scoring
- Lead nurturing
- Database segmentation
- Effective at scoring leads as “hot”
- Effective at routing “hot” leads to sales
- Integrating “marketing campaign results”
- Measuring the “close rate”
- Have a process for knowing how many leads are needed to reach pipeline or revenue goals.
- Have a dedicated marketing operations resource in place
These are all the kind of strategies that your company should be doing.
For information about implementing any (or all) of the processes listed here, contact 4Thought Marketing – we’ll be glad to help you move forward toward your goals!