CO to CO Updater Cloud App Documentation
Table of Contents
There are situations where you need to update or create Custom Object (CO) Records with the information of another CO Set. This step is not possible to do using Oracle Eloqua’s out of the box features. This is where this cloud action comes into play. With CO to CO Updater, you can create or update CO Records using another CO’s data and static values.
This document will show how this Cloud Action can be used inside Program Canvas for Custom Objects.
Set-up in Oracle Eloqua
Please follow these instructions to set up this cloud app in your Oracle Eloqua instance.
- Log in to Oracle Eloqua.
- Click on Get App below to install.
NOTE: If prompted to log again, please do so.
- In the next screen, click “Sign In” and then “Accept”
- You’re all set. The cloud action is ready to be used.
How to use
The following instructions show a basic/simple usage. You can incorporate this Cloud Action to any existing Program Canvas for Custom Objects.
- Create/Open a program. Make sure the Program is of the type for Custom Objects.
- Click on the arrow at the left side menu to show all the apps available to use
- Under “Actions” locate the CO to CO Updater App (Colored in purple).
- Drag and drop the cloud action to the canvas area. Connect the corresponding elements to the dropped cloud action
- Double click the CO to CO Updater step, you will see some options for this element.
- Rename the step if needed
- Click the pencil icon to open the settings for this step.
You will need a user to log in and configure this Cloud Action. If you don’t have one, you can create one. If you do, use your user to Log In in the page shown in the following screenshot:
- The first step in the configuration of this App requires you to choose the CO Set, from the list of COs available on your Eloqua instance, to serve as a destination of the new CO. Depending on the CO you choose, the fields available for the mapping (next point) will change.
- For the mapping, you need to select first the type of value that will go into the CO field and second the CO field that will save that value. If you choose Contact or Source CO field then a new dropdown list will become available with the corresponding list of fields. On the other hand, if you choose Static Value an empty field will become available where you can set the value of your preference.
A required field mapping is the destination CO’s unique identifier. This field is easily identified because it has the words “Unique ID” after the field name and type. If this field is not specified in the mapping then an error will be thrown and the configuration won’t be saved.
You can add as many mappings as CO fields available on the destination CO. If you want to delete a mapping, you can click on the trash bin icon on the right.
- Make sure you click on ‘Save’ to save your configuration. If you make any undesired changes after you can click on ‘Revert Changes’ to go back to the last saved configuration.
- Recommended: Create an element in the campaign in case an error happens, in this example it’s a Wait Step. Check the box to “Automatically route contacts with errors from cloud app”, select the step where you want the contacts to be routed.
- That’s all. Activate the campaign, put some CO Records in it and see the CO to CO Updater in action!
You need a license to configure and execute this Cloud App. Otherwise, in the configuration page, you will see the following error:
Additionally, if you happen to not see CO Records being processed by the App, it may be due to a missing or expired License which you can get with your corresponding Account Manager.