Onboarding a new Eloqua user requires sufficient time from an ever-increasing workload. Additionally, when staff turnover occurs, the process must be repeated, training new users as quickly and effectively as possible.
To address this issue, the team at 4Thought Marketing has helped many companies leverage the automation capabilities of Eloqua itself to create an on-demand training program. Our approach involves implementing a self-paced and structured training format that prepares new users before granting access to Eloqua and ensures they actively engage with the training materials, including video content. It is designed to be self-paced, allowing trainees to revisit the content whenever necessary. We aim to ensure that users complete the training assignments and comprehend and retain the knowledge conveyed.
How Automated Eloqua Training Works
So, what exactly can you as an administrator expect during the process? The flow of our automated training program is as follows:
- Initial enrollment: When someone expresses interest in learning Eloqua, they reach out to the designated individual responsible for managing Eloqua access within their organization.
- Sandbox user instance: In our program, the trainee is added to the training program in the production environment and provided with a sandbox user account. This allows them to practice and experiment with Eloqua without the risk of affecting live campaigns or accidentally contacting actual clients.
- Welcome email and training video: Once added to the campaign canvas, the trainee receives a welcome email containing a link to the first training video.
- Video quizzes: Each training video comes with a quiz that the trainee must complete successfully before progressing to the next step.
- Progression through emails: Each time a trainee passes a quiz, they move forward on the campaign canvas and receive the next email in the series. This enables them to continue their learning journey in a structured and progressive manner.
- Final quiz and completion: As soon as the trainee successfully passes the final quiz, a notification email is sent to the Eloqua admin. This notification signifies the trainee’s readiness to transition to the production version of Eloqua.
- User creation in production: The Eloqua Admin can then create a user account for the trainee in the production version of Eloqua. This step allows the trainee to begin utilizing the system confidently and effectively.
This process ensures a structured learning experience for new Eloqua users that prepares them to work within company guidelines and according to established standards.
How Training Looks to the Trainee
The trainee’s journey begins with an introduction email that serves as a guide to the program, explaining the sequential nature of the training. It also includes a link to the first video. Upon clicking the video link, trainees are directed to an Eloqua landing page specifically designed for the training program, where they can watch the video. (Transcripts in other languages, or fully translated videos, are available upon company request.)
After finishing the video, trainees have the chance to take the first quiz right away by clicking another link. Each quiz consists of a maximum of 10 questions and is custom-coded to validate trainees’ responses. If the trainee gets an answer wrong, an error message appears, giving them a chance to review their response. A score of 100% is required to pass the quiz. Once the trainee successfully passes the quiz, they are added to the pass list, which enables them to proceed further along the training path.
Incentivizing trainees to complete the training is crucial. Restricting access to the Eloqua system until the training program is completed serves as motivation for trainees to really engage with the materials. It reinforces the importance of training and ensures that individuals who gain access to the powerful system are equipped to use it effectively.
This is an excerpt from our eBook, “Building Customized Training for New Eloqua Users”. Download and read the full eBook for free here.