Did Someone Say Oracle Eloqua Merge Contacts?
No, your eyes are not deceiving you. Up until this very moment, you probably only imagined, wished, even begged for an easy way to merge Eloqua contact records and preserve activity history. Since 2015, over 4,300 Eloqua users upvoted this idea on TopLiners.
Let that sink in: Merge Contacts, and Preserve Activity History*. Bada Bing, Bada Boom.
Introducing the Eloqua Merge Contacts Cloud App
You might at first wonder how that could happen – well, here’s one example how: The first time they filled out a form, they gave their name as [email protected]. Then, a couple of weeks, or months later, they come back as [email protected]. All of their contact data is the same – but now you have two email addresses for the same person.
Watch a 3-Minute Demo
[vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndT-Fx8qNR4″ el_width=”70″][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Get a 10-Day Free Trial
TL;DR? Jump right in, get a 10-day free trial and see for yourself.
How to Merge Contacts
Merging contacts is easy using the Eloqua Merge Contacts Cloud App from 4Thought Marketing.
- Select the records to merge
- Select the fields to preserve from the original or the duplicate contact record
- Retrieve existing records for each contact, choose which fields will be preserved
- Preview how the merged contact record will appear, and make any necessary adjustments.
- When ready, select Merge, and the processing will begin.
Processing takes from 2-3 minutes, but can also take longer depending on the number of activities. Activities from the merged contact will be re-created as new external activities in Eloqua.
And We’re Just Getting Started, More to Come
While we’re very proud of this innovative solution, this release is just a start. Check out these additional features planned in the coming months:
- Archive records to SFTP server before deletion
- Automatically store merged email and historical email address in a custom object
- Re-map existing CO records to final email address before deletion
- Set CRM notification flag and delay time before removing the Eloqua contact
Please Contact us if you are interested in our Merge Contact Cloud App, or any of our other products and services.